Free Keyword List Generator
Our free keyword phrase generator tool is web based software which allows you to generate a large number of keyword phrases based on permutations of keywords you enter.
How it Works:
Here is a video about how it works. You enter keyword terms & modifiers and the tool outputs phrases. For example, if you entered
- find, buy, purchase, free, online
- keyword, keywords, key word
- list, tool, generator, tools, permutator
it would output
- find keyword list
- find keyword tool
- find keyword generator
- find keyword tools
- find keyword permutator
- find keywords list
- online key word permutator
Try the Keyword List Generator:
- try keyword list generator - functional copy of web based software
Since the keyword generator is web based it has no system requirements.
Quick & Dirty PPC Keyword Tutorial (& Resource Links):
Keyword Phrase Matching Levels
Google AdWords allows you to set different keyword matching levels.
- Exact Match:
- syntax: [keyword tool]
- displays only for the phrase keyword tool
- Phrase Match:
- syntax: "keyword tool"
- displays for any search containing the phrase keyword tool
- Broad Match :
- syntax: keyword tool
- displays for any search containing the phrase keyword tool or semantically similar search terms
When possible search engines will match your exact match terms prior to trying to match the related broad match if you are using both matching techniques in the same account.
This tool allows you to generate any combination of the three matching options, including all 3 of them at once.
Keyword Phrase Modifiers:
Unwieldy Accounts and Accounting Errors:
Your most important terms should be in their own individual campaigns or their own ad groups so that you can keep close track of them and tweak ad copy to perfectly fit those terms.
Using a keyword list generator like this is more about creating a drift net of thousands of semantically related phrases, which may bring in some traffic below fair market value. While it is rare to save huge money on all clicks some of them will be cheaper and have more demand. I recently got a 9 cent click in the same group as a $5.43 click because it had a decent clickthrough rate and a two word modifier on it.
Keep in mind that many of these terms may only get a few searches a month, so some will show no ROI or conversions while others will show amazing conversion data due to having such a small sample set and lucking into a few conversions on those terms that did convert. With that in mind you should look at conversions from the long tail terms on a how did they perform as a group basis to get a more accurate display of conversion data & ROI.
You have to be able to guess at the following before you can know the right price to bid.
- conversion rate data
- profit margins
- lifetime value per customer
Keep in mind that your max bid may sometimes be significantly higher than your average click cost.
Keywords should go in baskets that are similar in value and topic such that you can target them at the same landing pages and bid on a group based level when possible.
Our free keyword generator tool allows you to enter your bids while creating your keyword phrases if you prefer not to price them at the ad group level.
Google allows you to tell if a click came from a publisher content ad or direct from search using tracking URL's.
For example: you could enter
- I used adw to tell me it was AdWords. Just as easily you could enter G or Google or something similar.
- the ifsearch:S_ and ifcontent:C_ put S or C in front of your keyword to tell you if the source was search or a content site.
- The keyword bit inserts whatever the keyword was.
Dynamic Keyword Insertion:
You can also use the user search query to help drive your AdWords ad copy. Words which match the search query are bolded in the search results. Dynamic keyword insertion can make your ad copy look more relevant than competing advertisers.
Words to Avoid:
Some keyword campaigns are plagued by multiple meanings or more popular acronyms.
- the band
- discography, videos, lyrics, songs, band, tabs, tablature etc
- the bug
- insects, bugs, etc
- the car
- Volkswagen, year, color, antique, etc.
- if you were targeting one of those specific ideas you could add those terms to some of your keyword phrases and make the other terms negative match
- the syntax for negative match is -term
- the band
free, pics, and wallpapers are some other common terms to avoid
Ads to Avoid:
If you are in an expensive category you will probably want to disable content syndication or create a lower priced ad group with content syndication turned on.